Saturday, January 14, 2012

Charlize Theron for W Magazine February 2012

Charlize Theron shares a dual cover with Brad Pitt for the February 2012 issue of W Magazine. Scroll down for Charlize's photos and interview snippets, and click here to see Brad's cover shoot.

 Bottega Veneta gown. Martin Katz earrings.


On if she was always tall and blonde and beautiful growing up in South Africa: “For the first eight years of my life, I didn’t have front teeth. I was pretty sick as an infant, and antibiotics rotted them. But then I started to take dance classes, and I eventually got some teeth [laughs]. When I was 16, I went to Milan to model.”

On if she dreamed of being an actress: “I wanted to be a ballerina, but I was too tall, and I had too many injuries. What I loved as a ballerina was telling stories, and I could also do that with acting, so I eventually moved to L.A.”

On if she has to like a character to play her: "I liked Mavis [her character in Young Adult], but no, I don’t think I need to like my characters. I do think empathy is very important. It’s crucial to understand circumstance and story to grasp the role in a truthful manner. Your characters are like your children: Sometimes they make you proud, and other times, you think, Oh, really?! In Young Adult, I wanted to show some cringe-worthy moments that only women will get."

Marchesa dress. Gilan ring; Harry Winston bracelet.

Dior dress; Fleur of England bra and briefs. Harry Winston bracelet; Bulgari ring.

 Oscar de la Renta gown. Harry Winston bracelet; Gilan ring; Gucci shoes.

Courtesy of W Magazine

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...