Sunday, August 7, 2011

Keira Knightley Covers Marie Claire Australia September 2011

Keira Knightley is Marie Claire Australia's cover girl for their September 2011 issue. Scroll down for more.



"You're doing another period movie, Anna Karenina, with director Joe Wright. What attracts you to period characters?It's not the fact that they are period; it’s the great stories. And Tolstoy – you can't say no to that if someone offers it to you.

What would you say your style is?
If I had to say I'd go with boyish chic. I've definitely got a bit of boyish. I was a tomboy. I didn't wear skirts until I was 14. I hated them. I love a man's shirt.

Do you remember your first designer outfit?
Yes, it was a Miu Miu dress. Do you remember that white Marilyn Monroe dress that billowed up over the subway? It reminded me of that, but in black. It never quite fit – too big on the top. It requires tits that I don't have, but I still love it. I bought it 10 years ago, but it's actually in style now. I love when it all comes back around.

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
It's very quick. Especially with this short bob. It was more difficult when my hair was longer.

In your next movie, A Dangerous Method, you play a mistress.
I play a patient who was the first person on whom the Freudian method [of psychoanalysis] was used. I also have an affair with [psychiatrist Carl] Jung. 

What is worse, an emotional betrayal or physical betrayal? Is it gender specific?
I thought women would find an emotional betrayal worse and men would consider a physical betrayal worse. But the number of guys I asked said it was the other way round. For them, to love another woman emotionally and not be physical was much worse.
I didn't think men could do emotional betrayal.
[Laughs] Oh no, I think they can! But I really do think it depends on the couple. It's a both interesting and terrifying discussion, and it's why there are so many stories about infidelity because there's no clear answer as to why.

Are you a girls' girl or a guys' girl?
I have a mix of both great "guy" friends and "girl" friends. I have one girly girlfriend, but I'd say my girlfriends are more boyish. And I suppose the guys aren't great jocks; they are all sort of artistic and tend to be directors or writers or musicians or actors. The boys have a sensitive side!"



Courtesy of Marie Claire Australia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...