Friday, July 15, 2011

Andrew Garfield For Entertainment Weekly #1164 July 2011 - More Spider-Man Photos Revealed

Andrew Garfield, the star of the upcoming movie The Amazing Spider-Man, covers the new issue of Entertainment Weekly and gives more details about the new Spider-Man movie. Scroll down for interview excerpts and more photos.



On relating to Peter Parker: “I always felt stronger inside than I looked on the outside, which got me into trouble. I related to Peter Parker so much because I felt like someone else inside. I loved the comic books and the animated TV series, and I even dressed up as Spider-Man as a kid. My brother was Superman.”

On checking out the first Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire Spidey film: “That rekindled everything. I bought a pirated copy on Portobello Road and watched it over and over with my buddy Terry. The action sequences were so expansive and breathtaking, with Tobey swinging through the air. It just floored me!”

Andrew’s co-star, Emma Stone, on wanting to make the film relatable: “When I’m watching movies like this, if I don’t find something I can relate to story-wise and character-wise, it’s just a bunch of noise. You feel like a 4-year-old watching fireworks. With [director Marc Webb], you just know that the film will be grounded in reality.”

The Amazing Spider-Man starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone is set for release in 2012.






Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...