Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tom Ford To Launch New Beauty Collection In September - Photos

Tom Ford will launch a full makeup line this fall. The Tom Ford lipstick line has done well and now he's expanding with nail polishes, skin care, brow pencils, lip glosses and anything else you want, need or dream of. There will also be 2 new fragrances joining his Private Blend/White Musk collections called Jasmin Rouge and Santal Blush, respectively.



UPDATE: there will be a new 3rd fragrance as well, called Violet Blonde, which is going to be part of his signature collection. Violet Blonde is slated for a September release.
Here's what Tom Ford had to share:

“I don’t like B.S. and a lot of promises, and there are a lot of products out there you don’t even need,” said the designer during an interview at his grand showroom and offices in central London. “My brain works in the same way whatever I do. The approach is practical, architectural and I use the same vocabulary whether I’m designing clothing or color cosmetics.”

Tom Ford said he had wanted to do a makeup line for a long time, ever since he was creative director at Gucci. He founded his signature brand in 2005, but the time still wasn’t right for a launch. “My intention was to do color cosmetics out of the gate, but not everyone else was convinced that I had a voice in color until the lipsticks started selling out again and again,” he said, referring to the Private Blend Lip Color Collection.

Check out these pretty pictures of the new products and the ads starring Tom Ford himself and Lara Stone.






(via wwd.com)

2 comments:

mharvey816 said...

The lipsticks are wonderful... and $45. (Chanel's are $30.) I'm betting the rest of the line will be even more insanely priced.

Smaranda said...

Yep, it's very expensive, but that doesn't stop me from loving the products. It does stop me from buying them though...or as many as I would like :) I agree, the lipsticks are fantastic, great consistency and pigmentation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...